Human error reduction
Reduce human error in gas turbine operation & maintanance by predictive operation & maintenance support and by dedicated education & training.
Reduce human error?
VBR provides cost-effective solutions
Preventable lost production
In time, Human error reduction has become a priority of VBR Turbine Partners. This view is supported by research showing that of the preventable lost production in the global process industry:
- approximately 58% is primarily caused by technical error
- approximately 42% is primarily caused by human error
(source: ARC Advisory Group).
Operators and engineers
The tendency to assign operators that are more generalist and thus less specialized brings along the undesired side effect of increasing human error rate in gas turbine operation & maintenance decision making. Therefore VBR focuses on reducing the human error factor in gas turbine operation & maintenance by:
- providing intelligent operation & maintenance decision support to gas turbine operators;
- providing education and training to operators & maintenance engineers on their engines & packages;
- providing helpdesk functionality powered by highly skilled engineers who have access to all key parameters of the gas turbine.
RAPID remote maintenance support
The above mentioned services are part of DECIDE, an approach developed by VBR to enable reduction of the human error factor in gas turbine operation & maintenance. This approach has been designed and developed to provide gas turbine operators with a deeper understanding of the key parameters of their engine and auxiliary systems. For further information please visit the dedicated DECIDE remote maintenance support page.
For further information about reducing human error in gas turbine operation & maintenance please contact us.